Is staging your home before putting it on the market really worth it?
The National Association of Realtors recently sent out a questionnaire to over 50k realtors and here is what they found out.
Beyond staging, agents also named the most common home improvement projects they recommend to sellers: Ninety-three percent recommend decluttering the home, 89 percent recommend an entire home cleaning, and 81 percent recommend carpet cleaning. Other presale projects include depersonalizing the home, removing pets during showings and making minor repairs.
Here are some of the top takeaways.
- 96% say staging has an effect on buyers most of the time
- 49% believe it provides an increase in value from 1% to 20%
- 77% agree that it makes it easier for a buyer to visualize themselves in the home
- The living room, kitchen and master bedroom are the most important when it comes to staging
- Only 38% of realtors stage every home they list
- There is a fairly even split as to who pays for the services, the realtor or seller
- Finally 55% say that properly preparing the home can reduce its time on the market